Sea of Forgetfullness

 
adrift upon the sea of forgetfulness
floating, drifting . . . in an endless swirl
colors are so vivid
brighter than I've ever seen before
spinning in my head
green, blues and reds fading, fading . . .
into the depths of darkness
covering my world in an endless abyss
I see my fate written by the hands of death
my future lying there impressed upon my raving mind
dearest death . . . standing there so close to me
I feel your dreaded breath upon my shaking spine
sinking, sinking . . . back into the sea engulfing me,
I cannot move
fear holds me every so tight
your haunting laughter makes foolish mockery of my life
I must stop this hellish nightmare
for fear I will lose my mind floating, drifting . . .
away from the sea of forgetfulness
back to climb the cliffs of time.

~
art by Nancy L. Young-Houser and poem by Sandra S. Marquiss 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dragon's Flight

How Dogs in Politics Got Started